Affiliate changes (orders list and other)

[Copy the Link] Views:3507 | Replies:24
Post on September 01,2015 15:55#1

I see that recently new column appeared - "destination country". That's nice. Is it accurate anyway? If order is send with NL post to Poland what country will be shown there?

Anyway one thing got worse - "Date" column no longer contains time. That's bad. Please resurrect time in date field. There is plenty of space there. It could be shown like that (two lines):

2015-09-21

17:35:00

Report a Post Quote Reply
Post on September 02,2015 05:14#2

Thanks, time is back (btw. as enhancement it should also show time zone for that time). Country question remains.

I also see that recently many things have changed and only tiny fraction land as affiliate orders. For example links from this forum no longer count uhhuh

Post on September 07,2015 04:31#3
Does goo.gl still count? cause i've lost a lot of points respect weeks ago, while click on my links still continue.
Post on September 07,2015 04:55#4

I think these still count.

Other change, weird one this time, is that you no longer can have affiliate link with your "zf" id for new user registrations ("referrals"). Previously you could have a link that did both - mark user as coming from affiliate link and (if it was new user) mark it as referred. Now only one of these works.

Could BG reconsider this? As now afiliates will likely start dropping referral links.

Post on September 07,2015 06:58#5
i was just testing this.
Post on September 08,2015 08:50#6

Another scenario:

- customer enters using affiliate link like http://www.banggood.com/V59-Universal-LCD-Controller-Driver-Board-V59-Baffle-Iron-Stand-p-956017.html?p=XYZ

- starts reading comments on bottom of the page ("Questions & Comments" section), clicks on any comment

- after finishing reading he clicks on "banggood.com" in upper left corner to go back to main shop page -> bum, no longer affiliates customer!

- same effect if you click on own login to go into your profile, so not only upper left "banggood.com" causes that

Basically, after recent BG changes, anyone visiting forum (also reading posts in "Questions & Comments" section) easily looses "coming from affiliate link" status. And it's normal for people to read "Questions & Comments", so this behaviour is not a good thing.

Post on September 08,2015 10:17#7
Would not be bad a post by banggood clarifying the changes applied.
Post on September 08,2015 13:26#8

Hour gone again in affiliate orders list :-(

Edit: and back ... again. No timezone though, so everyone has to guess.

Post on September 16,2015 09:19#9
Quote: arekm Post on September 08,2015 08:50

Another scenario:

- customer enters using affiliate link like http://www.banggood.com/V59-Universal-LCD-Controller-Driver-Board-V59-Baffle-Iron-Stand-p-956017.html?p=XYZ

- starts reading comments on bottom of the page ("Questions & Comments" section), clicks on any comment

- after finishing reading he clicks on "banggood.com" in upper left corner to go back to main shop page -> bum, no longer affiliates customer!

- same effect if you click on own login to go into your profile, so not only upper left "banggood.com" causes that

Basically, after recent BG changes, anyone visiting forum (also reading posts in "Questions & Comments" section) easily looses "coming from affiliate link" status. And it's normal for people to read "Questions & Comments", so this behaviour is not a good thing.

Since few days, affilate commission collapsed !!! (mine is divided by a factor 10 minimum)... For sure, there is a best case a big problem, in the worst case, there are cheating everyone ... Of course silence from them

Post on September 17,2015 05:08#10
I agree Seby.

I follow you on YT and i know the amount of hours behind vids and review.

I have got only 5 refer in last 7 days.

Seby, you used your only link with the number P affiliated? Or you added the ZF or references utm_campaign, utm_content, ..?

If you are in touch with Quadcopter101, you should ask him if he is in same situations (note that if i'm not wrong Q101 use shareasale and not direct affiliation on BG website). If his numbers are still good i think we can move to shareasale.

Subject:
Subject:
Question Topic: