Kingkong 210GT Factory PID settings

[Copy the Link] Views:6111 | Replies:12
Post on July 25,2016 06:48#1
What are the factory settings for PID on SPracing f3 controler?
Report a Post Quote Reply
Post on July 27,2016 21:28#2

Here is the default setting of PID:

Post on August 09,2016 21:01#3
can see the PID's. can you please repost them.
Post on August 09,2016 21:49#4
OK. Can you see it?
Post on August 18,2016 03:33#5

Maintain the stock firmware with the KingKong 210GT, unless you're proficient with PID tuning ...

Here's my story. The 210GT comes with CleanFlight 1.12 'SPRacingF3' firmware pre-installed on the F3-micro flight controller. But I was eager to update to the latest CleanFlight 1.13 version so I could utilize the new ESC passthrough feature, whereby ESC's with BLHeli bootloader (such as these 20A Kingkong ESC's) can now be configured and flashed using only the USB port on the flight controller, thereby eliminating the need for a separate USB-UART connection device (such as the one provided with the 210GT). So I connected the quad to my computer using the USB port on the flight controller. I then opened the CleanFlight configurator (Chrome app) and performed a CLI 'dump' followed by flashing the F3 flight controller (using the boot button on the controller). I then reloaded the original settings from the CLI dump (including stock PIDs). At this point I was able to flash the KingKong 20A ESC's on my 210GT with the latest BLHeli Atmel Rev14.6 firmware through the flight controller's USB port using the BLHeli software. So everything worked as advertised.

So far so good.

However, in CleanFlight 1.13 "LuxFloat [ floating-point PID controller algorithm ] has had its settings scaled to the same values as MWRewrite [ integer PID controller algorithm ] so that users can change between LuxFloat and MWRewrite without changing their PID values." In other words, the stock PIDs (posted by Codyz above) for the 210GT F3 are no longer valid upon flashing to CleanFlight 1.13 firmware due to changes in LuxFloat 'scaling' .

I was unaware of these changes to LuxFloat, so when I tried to fly my 210GT F3 with CleanFlight 1.13 FW installed using the original factory PID's, the quad simply wobbled in a low hover, and eventually flipped upside-down as the wobbles became more pronounced .

I re-flashed back to CleanFlight 1.12 FW and all is well .

So in a roundabout way, I was able to flash my ESC's to the latest BLHeli FW using the passthrough feature available in CleanFlight 1.13, only to return to CleanFlight 1.12 in order to utilize the factory LuxFloat PID's for the KK 210GT. If I can locate the scaling factor between LuxFloat 1.12 and 1.13, or otherwise tune my PIDs in CleanFlight 1.13, I'll certainly post the results here. In the meantime, I'm hoping Codyz (BG Staff) or other experienced users might post some updated LuxFloat PIDs suitable for CleanFlight 1.13 and beyond.

By the way, the Cleanflight Configurator has been updated and now displays the factory PIDs as follows:

Post on September 16,2016 01:24#6
yeah i should'nt have  flashed it since its crazy now and cant get it work...
Post on October 16,2016 06:44#7
Can we just fly it stock with settings and firmware as is...maybe just use the cleanflight version installed to perhaps enable air mode and arm switch...is that doable?
Post on October 17,2016 18:13#8
Quote: Shanie Post on October 16,2016 06:44 Can we just fly it stock with settings and firmware as is...maybe just use the cleanflight version installed to perhaps enable air mode and arm switch...is that doable?

Yes, it's best to use the stock firmware (Cleanflight 1.12) with this quad unless you're an advanced user. And yes, all that you ask is doable using the stock firmware. The Kingkong 210GT feels locked-in and flies absolutely great on the stock firmware (Cleanflight 1.12) and factory-tuned PIDs -- as also confirmed by Painless360 (recognized RC expert) in a Nov 2016 review

I've also enabled 'air mode' among other flight-modes in Cleanflight as follows...

Out-of-the-box, Kingkong has assigned Aux. channel 5 to the 3-position switch on the FS-i6 transmitter, which corresponds to AUX1 in Cleanflight.

Likewise, Aux. channel 6 was assigned to the 2-position switch, which corresponds to AUX2 in Cleanflight.

Otherwise, we can change these assignments using the menus in the FS-i6 transmitter as follows: MENU (long press 'OK' button) > FUNCTIONS (press 'DOWN' button once, then press 'OK' button) > Aux. channels ('DOWN' 3x then 'OK') > Channel 5 : Source SwC and Channel 6 : Source SwB > Save & exit (long press 'CANCEL' to save and exit menu).

So based on the factory (Kingkong) switch assignments for the FS-i6 transmitter, here's my MODES and FAILSAFE setup in Cleanflight:

I hope I didn't mislead anyone with my firmware update story. I was simply over-zealous to update everything to the latest versions, but without any PID tuning experience, those updates are simply not an option for me. I reverted back to the stock firmware and PIDs on the F3-mini flight controller and everything works great!

I did manage to update the ESC firmware (BLHeli) in the process, since Cleanflight 1.13 supports ESC pass-through, but I don't think it made a difference. I guess I was hoping the updated BLHeli-firmware would allow me to enable Oneshot125 on the Kingkong 20A ESC's, but that was not the case. Even after ESC calibration with Oneshot125 enabled (gyro_sync ON in Cleanflight CLI with gyro_lpf = 188Hz, resulting in a 1kHz fixed PID-refresh rate), the motors continued to chatter randomly with no response to throttle movement, whether armed or disarmed. The only fix was to disable Oneshot125 with these Kingkong 20A ESC's. So without synchronization (such as Oneshot125 provides) these Kingkong-branded ESC's are not as smooth as most BLHeli-capable ESC's today. But my motors are barely warm after hard freestyle flying (70+ flights now), and this ESC-motor combo can apparently handle my DYS 5040-3 tri-blade props on 4S Lipo at full throttle -- a combo that I presume pushes these ESCs up to or slightly beyond their max rated amperage inflight. In other words, these ESC's have proven durable and sufficient, with no compelling reason to upgrade their BLHeli firmware.

BTW, I may retry the F3 firmware update using the 'default' LuxFloat PIDs in Cleanflight 1.13 (or the Betaflight 2DOF PID controller in Betaflight 3.0.0) as opposed to the 'stock/factory' PIDs tuned specifically for the 210GT, just to see if I can get away with the upgrade without PID tuning. I hear the default PIDs in Betaflight are often sufficient, while the flight characteristics with Betaflight are now significantly better than the best that Cleanflight 1.13 can offer.

In any case, the Kingkong 210GT flies great out-of-the-box and supports most of the latest Cleanflight settings and features.

Post on November 17,2016 22:12#9

So glade i found this. Made me understand Cleanflight a lot better for my F3 as well. 

Post on November 21,2016 18:52#10

Here's an update for those of you following this thread. A prominent RC expert (Painless360) on YouTube reviewed the KingKong 210GT from HobbyKing in late November 2016. It appears identical to the Banggood version except for the i6S transmitter. Once again, the factory firmware is Cleanflight 1.12. However, the factory PIDs are apparently changed slightly as follows:

Of note are changes to the Proportional ROLL and PITCH settings, as well as the Rates (ROLL, PITCH and YAW rates).

Here are the factory PIDs on the original Banggood version (immediately below) for side-by-side comparison with the HobbyKing version (immediately above):

Subject:
Subject:
Question Topic: