FPV 2 Axis Brushless Gimbal With Controller

[Copy the Link] Views:4924 | Replies:22
Post on March 03,2014 20:26#1

FPV 2 Axis Brushless Gimbal With Controller
Report a Post Quote Reply
Post on April 12,2014 07:57#2
Hi HeliEye Would you be able to tell me if the control board has an on board usb port Thanks
Post on April 12,2014 14:49#3

Hi Richard

Yes it does, I even tried some PC software out to see if it could see the gimbal, which it did, but said I was using there controller board.

So at least the usb port works.

Cheers
Steve

Post on April 13,2014 05:15#4
Thanks Steve for your reply I have noticed that this unit although well priced it is quite heavy @ 230g have you had this airborne yet & what do you think, Thanks Rick
Post on April 13,2014 05:23#5
Just to add to my second comment, the short video of yours, is this how it works out of the box? or have you set it up using the software & GUI from this site? Thanks again Rick
Post on April 13,2014 09:14#6
Hi RichardRe: 'weight', I weighed it on precision scales, it comes up as 211.8g not 230gNo not flown with it yet, as I still have stuff arriving for this FPV setup.. All the electronics is moving from the QR-X350 to my new QR-X350-Pro empty Body kit, also from BG, this allows me to use the Big Pro 5200mA LiPo (on order) I also have changed props to Carbon Fiber 9x4.7 from BGI will need to change the radio to my 9CH frsky, so I can use the 'extra' CH's to turn off/on Nav lights & turn On the 20W IR Led SpotlightsYes, the video was out of the box, I had to add a small piece of foam under the camera as the camera supplied wing bolt was a bit too long.Bear in mind this is not a GoPro, but 'similar' in size & weight. (299.8g with camera added)The Gimbal, in my configuration will have it's own power source, I use a single 3.7V LiPo, 550mA, through a DC-DC Boost PCB from BG (http://www.banggood.com/3A-LM2577-DC-DC-50KHz-Adjustable-Step-up-Power-Converter-Module-p-87541.html) this may sound weird, but was a 'lighter' option than running an 11.1V LiPo at 550mA (34.4g compared to 72g)oops noticed a typo in my post re controller board.. software said I was NOT using there controller board, but I guess you worked that out.CheersSteve
Post on April 24,2014 06:34#7
Hi Steve, have you flown with the gimbal yet? I ordered one waiting on arrival, may I ask what Fpv gear you are going for? I want to go down the same road, when you get time maybe you could let me know. Thanks Rick
Post on April 24,2014 06:52#8
Hi Richard, not flown with gimbal as I bricked the controller, caused by doing some settings changes. have new board ordered from BG on way.I'll be using immersion RC 600 TX for video with Clover Leaf antenna, to 2x modified RX's from Fat Shark to Eagle Eyes diversity box, split to Carl Zeiss Cinemizers for the FPV, then also to 8CH DVR (2 Ch's used)The ground station will be in a waterproof Sea Horse case, powered by big LiPo.CheersSteve
Post on April 24,2014 07:38#9
Oops that doesn't sound good on the controller side, sounds like it's a bit sensitive, I'm looking at the Boscam FPV 5.8G 600mW 32CH Wireless Transmitter Receiver TS832 RC832 for my Fpv when I get there, married up to a monitor as I ware glasses & I've read that goggles in the style of say the Fat Shark are not very compatible with eye-ware, any way defiantly a learning curve this Fpv, but when mastered looks like a great way to fly from some of the Video's I've been checking out, anyway when you get up & running maybe you could post your thoughts & experiences. Thanks Rick
Post on May 05,2014 12:31#10
Voltage ?
Subject:
Subject:
Question Topic: