Test Review of BroadLink SP Mini WiFi Smart Socket

[Copy the Link] Views:40736 | Replies:44
Post on October 30,2015 02:12#1

Broadlink is one of the top smart home companies. Today I`d like to share with you guys how to use Broadlink`a latest mini WiFi smart socket.

Test Review of BroadLink SP Mini WiFi Smart Socket Test Review of BroadLink SP Mini WiFi Smart Socket

How to connect your phone to the smart socket?
Scan the QR code in the package and download the APP to your phone.
Plug the smart socket to the power and press the on/off bottom for a few seconds.
The WiFi icon on the socket will flash very fast, which means the socket is ready to connect.
Connect your phone to WiFi and open the APP in your phone.
You can register a broadlink account or skip it.
Tap the menu bottom then tap Add device. It will show your WiFi and the password, just click configure.

You will connect your phone to the socket in a few seconds.

PS: The configuration needs to be done on 2.4 GHz.

If your WiFi router is 5 GHz, switch it to 2.4 GHz.

As you have connected your phone to the socket, you can control the socket anytime anywhere as you like.

Test Review of BroadLink SP Mini WiFi Smart Socket Test Review of BroadLink SP Mini WiFi Smart Socket Test Review of BroadLink SP Mini WiFi Smart Socket

Main functions.
01. Power on/off. As you can see in the picture below, the on/off bottom is very big.
Tap the bottom, you can turn on/off the socket .

02. There is a timer, you can set up countdown timer, scheduled timer or repeated timer.

Test Review of BroadLink SP Mini WiFi Smart Socket Test Review of BroadLink SP Mini WiFi Smart Socket

How to set up different scenes?
As you can see in the APP homepage, there are 2 pictures, they are living room scene and bedroom scene.
Tap the living room picture for 2 seconds, you will see the setting.
Click edit, the you can edit all the smart sockets in your house, such as turn on the light, then the air conditioning, then the TV...
After you set up the living room scene, you just click the living room picture, and those sockets will work one by one.
Or your can set Time On function, it will work on set time.
If you want to use the Auto Home or Auto Away functions, you have to use the Broadlink sensor.

You can press the + bottom and add more scenes.

Test Review of BroadLink SP Mini WiFi Smart Socket

Other settings.

01. Edit socket name. Press the + bottom and Device list. Press the socket icon for 2 second then rename it, such as light/ AC/ TV,
just to tell one socket from others.

02. Create shortcut. Press the setting icon and press the Create shortcut bottom, the socket will be on the APP homepage.

If you have several smart sockets in your house, you can control them easily with their shortcuts in the APP homepage.

03. Random timer. You can set up some random timers to protect your house from thief, such as 19:00 on everyday.

04. Charging protection.

Test Review of BroadLink SP Mini WiFi Smart Socket Test Review of BroadLink SP Mini WiFi Smart Socket Test Review of BroadLink SP Mini WiFi Smart Socket

Update the APP version

The latest version is v10018. If your APP is a old version, you may have problems with the socket.

Here is how to update the APP.

Connect your phone to the WiFi. Make sure your phone and the smart socket are using the same WiFi.

Click setting - click firmware update - click advanced - then enter the following URL in the text field.

The update takes 2-5 minutes, do not use the phone while updating.

http://upgrade.broadlink.com.cn/soft/test/WIFI_SPMINI2-10021-UPDATE-316.bin

PS: if you want the smart sensor IFTTT linkage function, you have to use the BroadLink Smart Air Detector Sensor together.

More product details, please click here.

Report a Post Quote Reply
Post on December 21,2015 06:49#2

salve ho acquistato 3 prese

ma nessuna si connette 

alla mia rete Wi-Fi, cosa posso fare?

Grazie

Post on December 21,2015 06:51#3
hi, I bought 3 sockets
but no connect
to my Wi-Fi network, what can I do?
Thank you
Post on December 21,2015 20:17#4
Quote: dolam Post on December 21,2015 06:51 hi, I bought 3 sockets
but no connect
to my Wi-Fi network, what can I do?
Thank you

Hi, please read the How to connect your phone to the smart socket? part.

It teaches you how to connect the socket to your wifi.

Post on December 22,2015 03:42#5
Ok, the sockets  connect to Broadlink Prov but my wi-fi LAN and so it is impossible to upgrade the firmware, the current version is V10018.

And it is greatly inconvenient to change line connection each time returning home, really similar discomfort.

For me it is absolutely necessary to use the wi-fi Lan of my house.

Post on December 23,2015 05:21#6
Quote: dolam Post on December 22,2015 03:42 Ok, the sockets  connect to Broadlink Prov but my wi-fi LAN and so it is impossible to upgrade the firmware, the current version is V10018.

And it is greatly inconvenient to change line connection each time returning home, really similar discomfort.

For me it is absolutely necessary to use the wi-fi Lan of my house.

Hi dear friend,

I am sorry but not very understand your question, why you need change line when you back home ? I am confusing your question.

The SP mini actually can work well in LAN, even no internet connection.

Post on December 23,2015 06:15#7
My outlets not working in my LAN "Dominico" home,
only work on network "BroadlinkProv" and so it is impossible to control them when I'm not home.

Other question if I go into the house, my phone connects automatically to my wi-fi "Dominico" and not to "BroadlinkPro" 

You need me to make the choice of the network that connect, manually, with considerable loss of time.

So my sockets not connect via my LAN  "Domenico"  

I hope I was clear

Tank's  for help

Post on December 24,2015 04:29#8
Quote: dolam Post on December 23,2015 06:15 My outlets not working in my LAN "Dominico" home,
only work on network "BroadlinkProv" and so it is impossible to control them when I'm not home.

Other question if I go into the house, my phone connects automatically to my wi-fi "Dominico" and not to "BroadlinkPro" 

You need me to make the choice of the network that connect, manually, with considerable loss of time.

So my sockets not connect via my LAN  "Domenico"  

I hope I was clear

Tank's  for help

Hi thanks for your explain,

V10018 is the spmini firmware, right ?
and your phone system is ? app version is ?

Does the LAN "Dominico" can connect to internet ?

Post on December 24,2015 05:07#9

LAN "Dominico" is always connected to the internet, works very well

my phone is an iPhone 6 

and version of the App
v2.5.6-1.3.0

Post on December 25,2015 00:28#10
Quote: dolam Post on December 24,2015 05:07

LAN "Dominico" is always connected to the internet, works very well

my phone is an iPhone 6

and version of the App
v2.5.6-1.3.0

Hi, we just ask the broadlink tech help,

the socket didn't pair with "Dominico", the "broadlink prov" is the net work that the socket itself !!! [How do you make it out...]

jajaja...but it is very simple to fix, please let the phone connect to the wifi Dominico firstly,
then reset the socket by hold the button, when you see the quick blinking will be OK, and then match the socket by your phone app :)

and I will attach you the user manual. This manual is fit for SPmini and SP2.

Please check at page 2 :)

Subject:
Subject:
Question Topic: