How to change Gear on the v949? (PLEASE?)

[Copy the Link] Views:452 | Replies:4
Post on June 28,2013 12:52#1

Hi,

One of the Gears in my v949 bent and I can't figure out how to take out the broken Gear and insert the new one.

The plastic tube that connect the propeller and the Gear have bearing in both sides that prevent to take out the tube.

What I need to do?

EDIT:

Never mind. I cut the gear really carefully with a sharp blade

Report a Post Quote Reply
Post on June 28,2013 20:52#2

For future reference;

One merely removes the prop and then pushes the shaft thru to the other side and out. The bottom bearing may stay with the prop shaft but once the whole unit is out, the bearing can be easily slid off the shaft. Once you have the shaft out, you can then remove the gear, which is press fit on and replace it with the new one.

Post on June 29,2013 05:28#3
Just as a note here too, I find that some pre-assembled quads (V9*9's) have their plastic gears super-glued in place, which makes dissasembly and/or replacement of either the gear itself, or the carbon fiber sfaft very difficult to impossible to do without destroying the somewhat delicate carbon-fiber shaft. I've trashed a few allong the way myself.
Post on June 29,2013 14:44#4

You should have seen the gear after I successfully destroyed it, I mean removed it from the shaft ^^'

EDIT:

One more thing.. when I install the new gear should I glue it?

Post on July 01,2013 06:41#5
That's a maybe. What I mean by that is if the gear tends to slip down the shaft a little with time, yes, but otherwise, you've made the gear/shaft into a unit permanently.
Subject:
Subject:
Question Topic: